1. LISTEN. you can’t do whatever you want to do. Listen to what he/she have to say before anything pops into your mind and make it the right and good idea, instead of waiting for your partners turn to bring out the better idea.
2. MAKE TIME WITH YOUR FRIENDS. your world doesn’t revolve on you two. you still have friends to have a good time with.
3. BE RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR ACTIONS. if you’re going out for a drink, don’t expect that your partner will still support the thing that you can’t control. you did it so deal with it. it doesn’t mean that they don’t care, they’re concern about you, but look after yourself too.
4. DON’T FORGET TO SEND A TEXT MESSAGE WHEN YOU GET HOME, OR TRY TO EVEN CALL. your partner will get worried if you don’t. it’s a simple thing but it’s for you to remember that someone cares.
5. BE HONEST AND LOYAL TO YOUR PARTNER
6. LET DOWN YOUR PRIDE. nothing will happen if your pride steps in with your relationship. there will be less talking and less understanding.
7. APPRECIATE THE SMALL EFFORTS. it always has a great impact of all.
8. YOU DON’T NEED A THEME SONG. sometimes it’s good to listen to it if you’re with your partner because it’s somewhat gonna make it romantic. but if it’s not necessary to have one, that’s alright. it’s just an option.
9. THERE’S STILL ROOM FOR SOME CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS. even though you thought you know your partner well, think different, but at the same time, be yourself.
10. CREATE ENOUGH SPACE FOR YOU TWO TO BREATHE. especially if you have a misunderstanding although it will be more effective and reasonable afterwards if you’re going to explain the thing that made you angry in the first place. communicating effectively is always the key.
11. DON’T HAVE ANY REGRETS. accept the fact that you’ve done the actions without complaints.
12. BE HAPPY. every single moment counts. every hour, every minute, every second of everyday… and somehow, just try to manage to make it a year. or make it two… make it forever… as long as you love each other. it will be possible.
13. BE SERIOUS. SERIOUSLY. make sure that you’ll take note of the mistakes that you’ve done, so that you’ll be aware if it will happen again.
14. HAVE COMMUNICATION. it’s important to always talk to your partner and understand each other. don’t leave one another hanging. keep them posted.
15. ALWAYS GIVE THE PROPER ATTENTION… that you’re gonna give and the one that you need. don’t be too much. just be ENOUGH.
16. SPEAK YOUR MIND. your partner wants to know what you’re thinking about. don’t limit yourself on giving off ideas from your head. speak your mind, especially when it also comes from your heart.
17. DON’T BE JEALOUS. even if your partner is around people, who you don’t know especially if they’re girls/boys, because eventually, they’ll come back to you at the end of the day. they’re yours. and even though he’ll make some room for other people in his head and be concerned about them, you don’t have to worry… atleast, he’s also concerned about the people that you care about.
18. BE OPEN-MINDED. don’t limit partner from other people. be fair. they also need other people on their lives. not just you.
19. BE A GOOD EXAMPLE. teach him/her some things that they have to think about, especially some long term goals and some of life’s principles.
20. DO NOT ASK UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS. if ever that you already knew what to do, don’t ask. just analyze the scenario carefully before doing something that might add to any unnecessary fights.
21. THINK BEFORE YOU REACT. sometimes you don’t need to think too much on why your partner did that… just try to see what’s going to happen first, by then, you’ll understand in the first place on why she’d/he’d done it.
22. UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER’S SIDE. your partner don’t know what they’re supposed to do when you wanted them to do something for you, all the time. you need to understand that you and him/her may not be on the same page… especially if both of you are different. in short, opposite.
these are the things that i’ve just observed… and i should’ve put in some good stuffs but i don’t have a good memory to blog it all out… anyway…
i know that there are s many ideas that i can come up, with this kind of topic, but the rest is up to you on what you’re going to consider to have a good relationship with your partner.
all you need is LOVE. <3